Friday 12 September 2014

More problems...

Oh dear, I encountered more problems with the ST today. Whilst out on a ride I noticed it was backfiring quite a lot, then as I entered into Cambridge it done one all mighty backfire, the exhaust note changed afterwards but did appear to run slightly better.
I pulled over to take a look and noticed that I now had two holes in my rear exhaust silencer.  Never mind I thought, I will carry on with my intended route but the backfiring came back so I decided to head home, not wanting to get any further away with a troubled bike. I made it home but the mystery as to why it started back firing still remains. maybe it was that I run it extremely low on fuel the week before, or perhaps one of the holes in the exhaust silencer developed before the journey causing it not to have enough back pressure. All I know now is that I have to buy a new silencer and possibly collector box :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment